|Specimen number||60,865||(on 2011.10.16)|
|Family number||145||(91.8% of 158 families worldwide)|
|Genus number||1,358||(67.8% of 2,003 genera worldwide)|
|Species number||4,227||(46.8% of 9,023 species worldwide)|
2011.10.16: 122 skeleton specimens were added to the database.
2011.02.05: 178 egg and nest specimens were added to the database.
2011.01.12: An English version was made accessible to the public.
2009.12.28: A database of 60,565 specimens compiled by the Yamashina Institute for Ornithology was published online.
- [ Search methods ]
- You can search for free word(s) using the "Quick Search" box situated in the upper right corner.
- Please go to "Keyword Search" for detailed search conditions.
- To search for a taxonomical system, please go to the "Taxonomy Search" page.
- You can use "Geographical Search" to search for specimens according to geographical information such as countries, prefectures (Japan only), and islands (Japan only)
- The checked specimens are listed on the "Specimen Checked" page.
- All photographs, text, and images on this website are protected by copyright held by the Yamashina Institute for Ornithology. We strictly prohibit any unauthorised copying, reprinting, or processing of this material.
- We will not be liable for any losses or damage arising from the use of this website.
- We strongly recommend that you confirm that there are no inconsistencies between the data and the label descriptions.
- The taxonomy, scientific names, and English names have been taken from "A World List of Birds" (Yamashina 1986).
- [ About our site ]
- The database includes already registered specimens. The data will be updated as required.
- This database has been supported by funds from the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology since 2001.
- [ Contact Us ]
- To send us your opinions, to make inquiries, and to report any bugs, please contact us at "specimenyamashina.or.jp" (person in charge: T. Yamasaki).
Site Administrator: Takeshi Yamasaki
Site Design & System Engineering: Yuichi Kano